The Meaning of Sex in People’s Life
The quality of our life is influenced by a variety of factors, and sex is one of them. For human beings, sex is not just a tool for providing life to future generations, it is an important physiological, psychological, emotional, and cultural factor. It has been scientifically proven that both men and women, leading a regular sexual life that brings them satisfaction, are simply happier people. More than that, they are healthier physically and mentally, less prone to depression and live longer, too! Meanwhile, single people or those leading irregular sexual life, are less satisfied with their life in general.
How Can Erectile Dysfunction Destroy Life?
Erectile dysfunction (sometimes referred to as impotence) is an ingenious disorder. It can occur for multiple reasons, which are often unclear. Also in most cases the disorder is not cured completely if the initial reason is not eliminated.
However, ED symptoms are, in fact, perfectly treatable. Modern drugs allow for the restoration of sexual functions (temporarily) even in some cases of complete impotence. But not all the men use this opportunity. Some of them ignore the symptoms until their sex life becomes impossible, and then they are forced to choose sexual abstinence.
The reasons for such an approach can be the following:
- They are embarrassed to talk about it, and sometimes they fear the discussion with their doctor as well. For some men there is nothing as terrible as accepting the thought of their sexual weakness. They prefer to ignore the problem and behave as if it’s their own choice to stop having sex.
- They don’t believe that it can be treated or they think that it is too expensive. In fact, it is just lack of awareness.
- They think that they are too old for sex and a loss of sexual power is an inevitable natural part of the aging process. This is typical for older men, who still believe that sex is for younger people only.
- They just don’t care about it. Such cases are rare, but it’s a fact: some men (predominantly single and divorced ones) really don’t care about this part of their life too much. They may have a sexual partner because these relations bring them delight, but as soon as their sexual function starts declining; they break up and continue living without sex. Truthfully, these men suffer least of all, as they usually have interesting hobbies or a business to worry about or something else that substitutes their sex life.
But specialists are sure: if the problem occurs, it must be treated. The only exception is the case when a man has other serious health problems that prevent him from leading a normal sex life. But if a man is otherwise happy, why not restore sexual activity?
Treating ED: An Expert Opinion
If you don’t go to a doctor for one of the above-mentioned reasons, then here is what specialists say in this regard.
- First and foremost, you must never be embarrassed to discuss the problem of erectile dysfunction with a specialist. Do you really think that he or she will be shocked by it or think negatively of you? Most likely, the doctor will forget about your visit as soon as you leave the clinic – he accepts a dozen of patients like you every day.
- In most cases, erectile dysfunction can be treated. The method (and, consequently, the cost of treatment) can vary depending on the etiology of the disorder and coexisting conditions.
- It is never too late to start treatment. As of today, it has been proved scientifically that men can stay sexually active for many years and even until they are old as long as they are otherwise healthy.
- Finally, don’t think that sex is just a pleasant pursuit that can be replaced with something else – work, hobby, etc. Sex is crucial for your physical, mental, and psychological health.
Sex influences your overall quality of life more than you can imagine. If you have faced the initial symptoms of erectile dysfunction, don’t be lazy to visit a qualified specialist. He or she will help you choose the right method of the correction of the disorder. Timely measures will help you to cope with ED most efficiently and reduce the risk of the complications.