Some males have a habit of drinking alcoholic drinks (spirits) before sexual intercourse. A lot of men believe that spirits increase their erections and thus, prolong sexual intercourse. In reality, taking small doses of spirits may increase the duration of intercourse; however, alcohol negatively affects your overall health conditions in general and sexual functions in particular.
Consequences of the abuse of alcohol
1. Regular consumption of alcohol leads to a loss of sexual fantasies, which results in the weakening of potency.
2. Gradually, a man starts to notice that he needs a much longer time to be sexually excited. Irritability and lack of confidence arise.
3. The effect of spirits on male potency is also seen in the inability to maintain a penile erection throughout sexual intercourse. It may result in the fear of sexual intercourse altogether.
4. Alcoholism can lead to an inflammation of the prostate, which affects sexual function.
5. Ethyl alcohol can cause disturbances in the metabolism of sex hormones and reduce their levels in the blood.
6. The normal functioning of tactile receptors decreases, leading to the development of the inability to perceive the impulses that lead to sexual arousal.
7. A man in a state of alcoholic intoxication can forget about the need to use a condom when having sex with a strange woman. Sexually transmitted diseases can seriously affect male potency and cause the development of impotence.
How to restore potency caused by alcohol abuse?
In order to recover your potency, you should start taking care of your precious health. To do this, you should observe the following rules:
1. Recovery of potency after heavy drinking begins with a complete renunciation of spirits. Decide on complete abstinence from spirits and your sexual function will gradually begin to recover.
2. A man should visit a specialist (urologist, sexologist or andrologist) to diagnose ailments of the genital organs and receive adequate treatment. A doctor can prescribe special medications to improve erections such as Viagra – famous blue pills belonging to the group of PDE5 inhibitors.
3. A long rest will have a positive effect.
4. Males should normalize their daily routines and try to sleep more. Sleep can do wonders in terms of physical and mental rehabilitation.
5. It is necessary to improve diet: products containing trace elements and vitamins cause a beneficial effect on potency and they should be included in everyone’s diet.
6. Giving up smoking is necessary if a man is a smoker.
7. It is desirable to increase physical activity. Running and walking are sufficient activities to partake in.
The sedentary lifestyle may cause the stagnation of blood in the pelvic organs, which adversely affects your erections.