We live in a very dynamic world. A lot of life events may be negative and sometimes tragic. It can lead to psycho-emotional disorders, such as depression, panic attacks etc. In their turn, psychological problems can cause erectile dysfunction (or ED).
How are psychological problems manifested?
At the psycho-emotional level, psychological problems are manifested as follows:
1) lack of confidence in tomorrow;
2) inability to focus on daily activities;
3) sudden mood swings: increased irritability, unmotivated aggression etc.;
4) feeling of abandonment or loneliness;
5) sleep disorders (difficulties in falling asleep, shallow sleep with a lot of dreams, feeling sleepy in the morning; sleep does not bring rest, in consequence – fatigue occurs during the day);
6) extreme sensitivity to external influences: poor tolerance to loud sound, bright light, and temperature fluctuations.
At the physiological level, the following signs can be observed:
– heart palpitations;
– increased sweating;
– problems with the gastrointestinal tract;
– frequent urination;
– reduced sexual function (loss of libido and impotence).
One of the clearest symptoms of depression is increased resentment. It certainly affects a person’s comfortable sojourn in the society. A man experiences difficulties with constraining emotions and reactions to what is happening. As a result, conflicts arise not only with close people, but also with strangers. All this leads to difficulties in the sexual life.
How to treat psychological ED?
It is clear that first of all, a man needs to solve psychological problems, and after or simultaneously with them, handle sexual ones. By the way, some medications that help to cure mental illnesses can provoke ED. Therefore, a man shouldn’t take any medicament without doctor’s prescription. Firstly, he should consult healthcare professionals and honestly inform them about his condition.
One of the bad treatment methods of depression is taking alcoholic drinks. Being under the effect of alcohol, individuals forget about all the problems, feel more confident, look at life in a different way. But it should be remembered that the effect of alcohol ends at some moment, and dispiritedness only gets intensified after that. In addition, ethyl alcohol adversely affects the nervous system, thereby aggravating the depression. It also negatively affects sexual function.
It should also be noted that if a man has erectile dysfunction of psychogenic nature, PDE5 inhibitors, such as Viagra pill can help him in fighting with such an unpleasant problem.